Thursday, December 27, 2007

I was so sure

"Dig, dig deep, when you come and show me your shells and stones
I will smile. I will be moved by the wonder in your eyes.
I will assure you, correct you, cushion your momentary lapse of certainty." -Procheta

I can't write poetry anymore. I used to be so wise, uncovering the secrets of lies and rights of hands to be washed a thousand times. I can't write poetry anymore, it waxes fake and produced. Comparisons seem unauthentic and derived. Metaphors used and recycled. Only gibberish seems original...al;kdsjflkahga0w);akldsjfafa;lkdsjfakfcjasvn[oasfidhb[ ;aosdkjfgl alkdsfj;lakj
I can't write poetry anymore.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Too funny. I love it that you are searching for reluctant inspiration, and not finding it you write about not having it, which is inspirational in itself. Gibberish makes a lot of sense.